AstraZeneca International has announced that its branch in the Middle East and Africa is organizing a special event to raise awareness of diabetes on the occasion of World Diabetes Day via the Internet Virtual Summit.
The event is scheduled to be held next Saturday, corresponding to the thirteenth of November, 2021, at 12:00 noon until 2:00 pm Egypt time, and from 1:00 pm until 3:00 pm Saudi time, and you can join the symposium Via this link:
The event will include a special symposium to raise awareness of diabetes and other related diseases, in which a group of healthcare professionals will participate, as well as diabetes patients and those interested in their affairs.
The symposium comes under the slogan “Breaking Barriers for Better Diabetes Care” – “Breaking Barriers for Better Diabetes Care,” in which the disease will be discussed and opinions exchanged among specialists in this field and between patients and their families.
The seminar program (Egypt time) includes the following:
- From 12:00 – 12:10: Introduction and welcome to the audience with the moderator of the seminar, Dr. Haddad Viraj Rajadhiksha.
- 12:10 – 12:25: Discussing diabetes and why it is more than just blood sugar control, presented by Dr. Lamptey, a diabetologist.
- From 12:25 – 12:35: A patient spoke and shared his story and journey with diabetes.
- From 12:35 – 12:40: five minutes for questions and answers.
- From 12:40 – 12:55: Discussing the impact of diabetes on the heart, presented by Dr. Hani Sabbour, a cardiologist.
- From 12:55 – 1:10: Discussing the effect of diabetes on the kidneys, presented by Dr. Tarek El-Baz, a nephrologist.
- From 1:10 – 1:20: A diabetic speaks.
- From 1:20 to 1:25: five minutes for questions and answers.
- From 1:25 – 1:40: Discussion of enhancing the quality of life by adopting a healthy lifestyle, presented by Professor Nourhan Qandil, Clinical Nutritionist.
- From 1:40 to 1:50: Open discussion.
- From 1:50 – 2:00: Summary and closing of the seminar with the moderator of the seminar, Dr. Haddad Viraj Rajadhiksha.
It is worth noting that AstraZeneca is a leading global company in the medical and scientific field, which always seeks to support and develop scientific research and medical discoveries and market them in the field of medicines and pharmaceuticals, in many medical specialties such as oncology, cardiovascular diseases, kidneys, and respiratory system, Immunology, metabolism.