The difference between a false pregnancy and a real one may not be felt through the symptoms. A previous fetus or delayed childbearing, in this article we present to you the most important differences between a normal pregnancy and a fictitious pregnancy to identify it.
The difference between a false pregnancy and a real one
- In terms of symptoms, the symptoms of false pregnancy are completely similar to the symptoms of normal pregnancy, where the woman is exposed to nausea, vomiting, cramps in the lower abdomen, or stress from doing daily household chores, or other famous symptoms of pregnancy, with the passage of time and in the event that the type of pregnancy is not discovered, In a false pregnancy, the abdomen may enlarge and expand as well, and the woman may reach the stage of labor without a fetus, in the absence of medical follow-up with ultrasound.
- In the case of a home pregnancy analysis, the result will be positive in the case of a real pregnancy, and negative in the case of a false pregnancy, except in some few cases, including immediately after the abortion or in the case of a uterine cancerous tumor, which may give a false positive result, which increases the risk of pregnancy. The woman is attached to the pregnancy, feeling that she is in a state of real pregnancy.
- The difference between a true pregnancy and a lie is to do a blood pregnancy test, which shows the positiveness of the analysis in the case of a normal pregnancy, and its negativeness in a false pregnancy.
- Finally, one of the most important differences that shows a real pregnancy is the medical examination using sonar waves or ultrasound, which shows the fetus through hysterosalpingography of the pregnant woman, but in the case of a false pregnancy, there is no fetus.
What should I do if my pregnancy is false?
In this context, a woman who has previously experienced a false pregnancy wonders what are the next steps that she should take to get rid of the symptoms of false pregnancy, and doctors advise the following:
- The woman must be completely convinced at first that the pregnancy is false and will not be completed, so as not to reach the later stages of severe physical and psychological pain as well. The blood pregnancy test and ultrasound are definitive means to detect the presence of a false pregnancy, so try to accept the result.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions in performing the necessary tests and x-rays, until it becomes clear that there is no medical reason that led to the emergence of these symptoms, such as problems with the glands or hormones in the body.
- Take the treatment regularly until the body returns to normal again.
- Psychological treatment in case you do not overcome that crisis.
Reasons for an enlarged abdomen in a false pregnancy
The size of the abdomen expands simulating a normal pregnancy in the case of a false pregnancy, and this may be due to many reasons, including:
- The abdomen is full of gases resulting from the presence of problems in the colon, due to the anxiety and tension that affect the woman of false pregnancy.
- Increased accumulation of fat in the abdomen due to overeating, believing that the woman is pregnant.
- The occurrence of cases of constipation associated with this type of pregnancy, as it results from an imbalance of hormones in the body.
- Delayed menstruation and retention in the body, helps to gain weight, especially the circumference of the abdomen.
How can I be sure of a real pregnancy?
With similar symptoms, you should do a blood pregnancy test, because it is one of the best ways to tell you whether you are pregnant or not. The test is done one day after your period is late, and then the periodic medical follow-up.